Extremely Young Film Festival
Now Accepting Submissions from Filmmakers Ages 7-17
Aurora is currently accepting submissions for short film entries with age categories for both Teen and Youth. All types of short films, including stop motion, live action and documentaries will be considered.
Born out of the spirit of Aurora Picture Show's Extremely Shorts Film Festival, which features film and video under three minutes long, Extremely Young Film Festival puts the spotlight on films under three minutes long from makers under 17 years old. Celebrating their artistic, creative and technical strengths and interpretations on the world in which they live, these voices are the future of media expression.
The Extremely Shorts Film Festival and it's sibling festival, the Extremely Young Film Festival, are made possible thanks to Whole Foods Market Houston. Extremely Young Film Festival is presented in partnership with the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
We are happy to announce that this year's juror will be Dr. Tish Stringer.
Regular Deadline: March 18, 2016
Late Deadline: April 28, 2016
Notification Date: May 5, 2016
Event Date: June 11, 2016
The submission guidelines are as follows:
- Content should be suitable for viewing by all ages
- Films and videos can be any genre
- Films can be up to 3 minutes in length (including titles)
- Principle members of the production must be 17 years old or less at the time the film was completed.
- Selected films must provide a high resolution screening copy for the presentation of the festival.
- There will be two age categories (your age at the time of the film's completion): TEEN (13 to 17) and YOUTH (12 and under)
- We will have Audience Choice Awards and a Juror's Choice Award
- Submissions are FREE. Filmmakers can submit up to 3 entries (must be done separately)
- We only accept online submissions. We will not accept DVDs.