EXTREMELY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL
Regular Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018
Submit your short film to the Extremely Shorts Film Festival
or to its Extremely Young program for filmmakers under 17.
Late Deadline: March 10, 2018
Festival Dates: May 18-19, 2018
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Established in 1998, the Extremely Shorts Festival is a juried competition of adventurous three-minute or shorter films and videos from around the world. Each year a different guest juror (esteemed filmmaker, film programmer, or arts curator) selects 20-25 mini-masterpieces to be shown at a two day screening event. Audience Choice cash awards are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The short format of the festival encourages innovative approaches to movie-making in a range of genres including narrative, art, experimental, documentary and animation. The Extremely Shorts Film Festival and it's youth program, Extremely Young, are made possible thanks in part to the support of Whole Foods Market Houston.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Submissions for Extremely Shorts Film Festival competition program and "Extremely Young" program (films by makers under 17 years old) HERE
AURORA’S SCREENING PROCESS
The Extremely Shorts Film Festival is committed to thoroughly reviewing all submitted films. All submitted films are reviewed by a guest juror who has a background in film, new media and/or the arts.
All submitting filmmakers will be notified by the email provided at the time of submission. If your film is selected for the festival program, you must provide an exhibition copy. Film stills, brief synopsis and short bios will also be requested for the program and promotional materials.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following will apply if your work is selected:
- My film/video will be screened during the Extremely Shorts Film Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
- My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters.
- A sample clip of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Aurora Picture Show web site and Vimeo or YouTube Nonprofit channels, unless otherwise arranged with Aurora.
- I will permit Aurora Picture Show to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
- You have the option to give permission for your film to be included on a touring program and in the Aurora Video Library. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screening.