Extremely Shorts Film Festival
Submit your short film
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
- Please read all the submission guidelines.
- Submissions must be emailed by the specified deadline date.
- Entry fee is $15 per title for early deadline and $20 per title for late deadline.
- Aurora Picture Show members receive a voucher for free entry (Up to three entries). To join Aurora, visit the web site & click on membership.
- We give out cash awards for Audience Choice 1st ($200), 2nd ($150), and 3rd ($75) place. Awards are given on the 2nd night of the festival during the reception.
Aurora Picture Show has officially kicked off the submissions period for the 2013 Extremely Shorts Film Festival. The 16th annual festival will be held May 31st to June 1st in Houston, Texas. Started in 1998, the Extremely Shorts Festival is a juried competition of adventurous three-minute or shorter films and videos from around the world. Each year a different juror (esteemed filmmaker, film programmer or arts curator) selects 20-25 mini-masterpiecesto be shown at a two day screening event. Audience Choice cash awards are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The short format of the festival encourages innovative approaches to moviemaking in a range of genres including narrative, art, experimental, documentary and animation.
Aurora is honored to have Emily Doe of the Sundance Film Festival
for this year's juror. Emily Doe is a short film programmer for the Sundance Film Festival. She also works in youth education at the San Francisco International Film Festival, bringing films and filmmakers into classrooms around the Bay Area. Previously, she was an editor at Wholphin DVD. Originally from Massachusetts, Emily attended Kenyon College in Ohio before settling in San Francisco.
Deadlines for submitting a film for consideration are March 29 (Early) and April 5 (Late).
Entry fees vary based on entry date and category. Full details are available at Without A Box link below.
AURORA’S SCREENING PROCESS
The Extremely Shorts Film Festival is committed to thoroughly reviewing all submitted films. Our screening & selection process is designed to effectively and efficiently review a significant body of work from across the world, by identifying and selecting the films best-suited for festival programming. All submitted films are reviewed by a juror who has a background in film, new media and/or the arts.
All submitting filmmakers will be notified by the email provided at the time of submission. If your film is selected for the festival program, you must provide an exhibition copy. Film stills, brief synopsis and short bios will also be requested for the program and promotional materials.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following will apply if your work is selected:
- My film/video will be screened during the Extremely Shorts Film Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
- My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters.
- A sample clip of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Aurora Picture Show web site and Vimeo or YouTube Nonprofit channels, unless otherwise arranged with Aurora.
- I will permit Aurora Picture Show to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
- You have the option to give permission for your film to be included on a touring program and in the Aurora Video Library. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screening.