Extremely Shorts Film Festival
Submit your short film
Regular Deadline: March 18, 2016
Late Deadline: March 28, 2016
Notification Date: May 5, 2016
Event Date: June 10-11, 2016
Aurora Picture Show is currently accepting submissions for Extremely Shorts Film Festival.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
- Please read all the submission guidelines.
- Submissions must be emailed by the specified deadline date.
- Entry fee is $15 per title for early deadline and $20 per title for late deadline.
- Aurora Picture Show members receive a voucher for free entry (Up to three entries). To join Aurora, visit the web site & click on membership.
- We give out cash awards for Audience Choice 1st ($200), 2nd ($150), and 3rd ($75) place. Awards are given on the 2nd night of the festival during the reception.
Started in 1998, the Extremely Shorts Festival is a juried competition of adventurous three-minute or shorter films and videos from around the world. Each year a different juror (esteemed filmmaker, film programmer or arts curator) selects 20-25 mini-masterpieces to be shown at a two day screening event. Audience Choice cash awards are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. The short format of the festival encourages innovative approaches to movie-making in a range of genres including narrative, art, experimental, documentary and animation.
The Extremely Shorts Film Festival and it's sibling festival, the Extremely Young Film Festival, are made possible thanks in part to the support of Whole Foods Market Houston.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Leslie Raymond is an expanded cinema cinema artist working in live cinema performance, installation, site-specific and public art with Potter-Belmar Labs. She is currently the Executive Director of the Ann Arbor Film Festival.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Full details are available at Film Freeway
AURORA’S SCREENING PROCESS
The Extremely Shorts Film Festival is committed to thoroughly reviewing all submitted films. Our screening & selection process is designed to effectively and efficiently review a significant body of work from across the world, by identifying and selecting the films best-suited for festival programming. All submitted films are reviewed by a juror who has a background in film, new media and/or the arts.
All submitting filmmakers will be notified by the email provided at the time of submission. If your film is selected for the festival program, you must provide an exhibition copy. Film stills, brief synopsis and short bios will also be requested for the program and promotional materials.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following will apply if your work is selected:
- My film/video will be screened during the Extremely Shorts Film Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
- My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters.
- A sample clip of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Aurora Picture Show web site and Vimeo or YouTube Nonprofit channels, unless otherwise arranged with Aurora.
- I will permit Aurora Picture Show to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
- You have the option to give permission for your film to be included on a touring program and in the Aurora Video Library. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screening.